A “Core Charge” is similar to the deposit you might pay for a can or bottle of soda.
In many states, to promote recycling, you are charged a deposit when you purchase a can of soda and you receive your deposit back when you return the empty can.
Many automotive parts have a Core Charge, or Core Price, that works the same way as a soda can deposit. Rather than paying full price for the replacement part, you save real money when you return your original part as well as help the environment.
*Here’s how the Core Charge works:
- The part you are purchasing contains a component that is recyclable
- The Core Charge deposit is charged at the time of purchase
- When the recyclable component from your old part is returned to us, the charge is refunded to you
- If you have the old part with you at the point of purchase, you will not have to pay this charge
To receive your Core Charge refund:
- Bring the old part to any Pull-A-Part store along with your receipt - this will be refunded in cash, not store credit.
Core Charges are often mandated by state legislature, and, as such, the actual core charge and taxes on the charge may vary depending on the state in which you buy your part.